Monarch will be stocking a new product, Viega MegaPress CuNi 90/10. It is a cuni fitting that has press end (installed by using battery operated jaws that seal the connection) on one or both ends so that welding and brazing will not have to be done. This is extremely useful in areas that are hard to reach, or areas where you cannot weld or braze.
The Viega MegaPress CuNi system, available in copper-nickel alloy, is approved for installation in a variety of applications from cooling water to fuel to fire sprinkler.
The Viega MegaPress system is a 90/10 copper-nickel alloy that is specifically designed to stand up to the harsh environments of the sea. It is the only iron pipe size (IPS) copper-nickel press fitting with a double-press connection, making it the strongest press connection on the market.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- No fire watches, hot work permits or gas freeing
- Makes secure press connections from to ½” to 2” in less than seven seconds
- Installations are completed with a battery-operated press tool
- Copper-nickel alloy (CuNi 90/10) well-suited for seawater systems
- Complies with DIN 86019 and with a factory standard governing the accuracy of dimensions and surface quality
- Compatible with existing MegaPress jaws
- Backed by limited written warranty
- MegaPress CuNi product stocked in North America and at Monarch